Tuesday, December 9, 2008

He better not break those flower pots!

Another story from last summer....
I was doing dishes on Saturday and Jay went up on the roof to clean out the gutters because it was starting to rain (if he doesn't do it the basement will leak). So I'm staring out the window above the sink and I see his legs dangling. Usually he goes up and down the ladder on the side. Outside the kitchen window there is a low overhang over the basement door. So it seemed for some reason he decided to use that to get down. So I'm thinking "he better not break my flower pots" (they are on the overhang so I can see them out the window) He jumps down from the roof and as he lands on the overhang, the whole thing came crashing down. Luckily he flew forward instead of down the basement stairs! I screamed and went running outside to see if he was ok. He wasn't moving and his leg was stuck...but it turned out he was fine. So he had to rebuild the overhang so the basement wouldn't flood! And only one of the flower pots broke!

2 comments:

Jocelyn Hotzler said...

Do you remember when we were painting your livingroom before you moved into the house in Bakersfield and Jason jumped from the overhang over the ground floor to the livingroom?

Amanda said...

lol, no but it sounds like something he would do!