Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Scary!!!

Nate wanted to go out and play in the snow. Sam wanted to go with him. So I got them dressed and they went out. So I go change Jacob's diaper so I can take him out to play. I was gone probably literally 2 minutes. I get to the door and Sam is climbing out of the POND screaming. Everytime those boys go out the door to play by themselves I always say "stay away from the pond". They KNOW they are not allowed to go near it if we are not out there. But I didn't say it this time and I feel so bad. Though he does know better and I shouldn't have HAD to say it. Anyway, so he's standing next to the pond in like 2 feet of snow and can't walk. So I left Jacob, and ran out and rescued him. He was wet up to his chest. The pond is only a few feet deep at most. It's really a glorified puddle. It'll be frozen for the rest of the winter soon thank goodness, just hasn't been cold enough yet. So I stripped him down and threw him in the shower. So while I'm washing him he was saying "I was in the pond forever calling for you". Poor thing. And I had to convince him he had only been outside for a few minutes. Luckily he's ok and I bet he won't go near the pond again, but it scared the poop out of me!

1 comment:

Jocelyn Hotzler said...

One time - just ONE time - I forgot to tell you to keep your feet out of the spokes when you were riding on the back of the bicycle...